Sunday, November 4, 2012

Konjit

Meet Konjit

She is another of my little friends from Shanto.  I met her on my first trip there.  Konjit has a twin sister who's also receiving assistance from FOVC-Ethiopia.  Each time I saw the girls they were mostly quiet and stand-off-ish.  But it wasn't always that way. 

Meet Konjit after she warms up to you:
She's one of the twins with matching glasses.  If I can tell them apart correctly, Worknesh is on the left and Konjit is on the right. These bright eyed little girls would light up a room.  Konjit is currently in first grade which makes me think that she's learned to read and write.   Konjit's sister is sponsored.  I can just picture her reading your sponsorship letter.  In fact, I would love to take a picture of Konjit reading your sponsorship letter when I travel in March.  Would you consider sponsoring Konjit?  Together, they can receive nutrition and education that will last them a life time. 



Sponsoring a child through hopechest.org can be life-changing for $34/month (or $408 per year).  To sponsor Konjit, click here.  To view other children who are also in need of a sponsor, click here

The other day I shared with you about sweet Hana who many of us loved as our own.  My friend's little daughter, Megan, decided to sponsor Hana.  I just wanted to share with you that Megan quickly started to put together a letter for Hana so that they could get to know each other better.  Tonight, I was chatting with Megan's mom who shared their creative idea for being able to sponsor Hana.  Megan's mom has a photography business.  Together Megan and her mom have included Megan's classmates on this project - of knowing Hana and getting her sponsored.  Sounds like M's momma will be taking a cute class picture with a quote or verse on it, then selling it to the class moms for $10.  The proceeds will support Hana.  With just 40 pictures sold, Hana's whole year will be sponsored.  It doesn't have to be photography, maybe you can rake leaves, cut wood, bring in your neighbors mail each day, etc.  Don't want to earn $408 raking leaves?  How about getting your office together to sponsor a child, or two?

There are 90 kids in Shanto's carepoint that need sponsored.   Will you help?

No comments:

Post a Comment